For the handful of quilters I still quilt for, I will begin doing contactless drop offs. Here is how it will go. I have a hanging rack on my porch. Contact me to let me know you want to drop off your quilt. Download the intake form, complete and attach to your quilt. Quilts should be put on a hanger. The large dry cleaner hangers work great. I have some if you need one. I will watch for your quilt to arrive and move it into a safe location where it will stay for 3 days but will be added that day to my quilt rotation. If you have questions about the quilting please call me.
I will do the same in reverse for pick up. You will be doing the measuring so if you need a 120 measuring tape I have a couple here I can give you. I’m sorry for what seems a bit anti social but we are being very careful still because of Mikes kidney condition. If you would like I can mask up and come pick up from your car. Just let me know. The charity quilt challenge from March I will still honor. https://wordpress.com/block-editor/post/quiltedimpressions.com/6981 for designs.
Below is how to prepare your quilt and back for drop off:
- Tops and backs must be well pressed and come on a hanger, squared up (no extra untrimmed fabric in the corners, square it up so I know how to align it) You help me save time and I will help you save money.
- Quilt backs should be ready to load with no more or less than 4-6″ wider on each side (no way oversized or Minky backs) please cut the backs to the size they should be so I can just load them. Mark the quilt top and backing top with a safety pin.
- Choose a thread color by description and/or attach a piece for me to match.
- Measure them with accuracy across the center width and length (not at the borders) and write it on the order form.
- Call, email or text an appointment and I will watch for your quilt drop off or pickup.
- Take a photo of your charity quilt being delivered to its donation point and send it to me when finished. I like to post these. 🙂
- Porch drop off is for all quilts, not just Charity but the price concession is only for Charity quilts. (See Charity post for designs and details https://wordpress.com/block-editor/post/quiltedimpressions.com/6981)
- Text or email me and I can send you an order form to print off and fill in or you can use your own and I can contact you with the details.
Hopefully this will go very well and while I will miss seeing you, will save you some time from your busy day.
Stay safe and hope to hear from you soon.